Drug Impaired Driving
Drug impaired driving has been on the rise in Canada. Find how you can protect yourself and stay safe on the road.
How can I tell if I am impaired by a medicine or other drug?
The main signs and symptoms of impairment may include, but are not limited to:
- Altered reaction times
- Altered depth perception
How can I avoid driving impaired?
You can protect yourself and others on the road with these easy tips:
- Talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist to learn the side effects of any medications you're taking
- Carefully read the directions and warning labels of any medications you're taking
- Ask your healthcare provider about non-impairing alternatives
- Never take more than the recommended dose
- Don't mix medications without checking with your healthcare provider or pharmacist first
- Don't mix alcohol with your medication
- Make sure you know the signs and symptoms of drug impairment before you get behind the wheel
For More Information
MADD - Drug Impaired Driving